PANORAMA GUEST HOUSE – OUR APPROACH TO COVID-19
If you decide to come to stay with us, you are agreeing to abide by the following terms and conditions, so please read this document thoroughly before entering our guest house.
COVID-19 – Revision of Panorama Guest House rules to help protect you, ourselves and our future guests. These rules will be constantly reviewed.
We have successfully achieved VisitBritain’s Good To Go accreditation. This is a UK-wide industry standard and consumer mark to reassure our customers that our business adheres to Government and public health guidance. More information available at the VisitBritain website.
As we are now living in a very different world to the one that we once knew, we all must adopt new behaviour and rules to protect ourselves and each other. We have set out here the changes that we have made to our business and also your responsibilities in protecting yourselves and everyone around you.
What you can expect from us:
- We will not be entering guest bedrooms to service them during your stay. Please let us know at breakfast if you need anything for your room. The items requested will be left outside your room whilst you are out.
- We are employing a more intensive and longer cleaning regime when preparing guest bedrooms with an additional focus on high touch points, using appropriate chemicals and products. We are also leaving windows open during the cleaning regime. We are cleaning our public areas and specific ‘touch points’ more frequently.
- We are wearing different clothing when handling used, as opposed to fresh, bed linen
- All our detergents and cleaning products are from trusted suppliers
- We have removed a large number of decorative soft furnishings and other items from our bedrooms and public areas (leaflets, books, etc) to reduce the risk of virus transmission
- We will keep a social distance from our guests at all times
- We will provide a no-touch hand sanitising gel dispenser in Reception
- We are available 24 hours a day. We live on-site and in case of any emergencies, you can contact us anytime by ringing the doorbell or by telephoning or texting us. Home ‘phone is 01736 360798, mobile is 07949118218
- All food is prepared in our on-site kitchen and only by ourselves. We do not have any people coming into our kitchen from outside of our business. All food suppliers will also adhere to our strict hygiene regulations to reduce the risk of contamination
- A tea/coffee tray is provided in each guest room and cleaned appropriately. Please let us know before you arrive exactly what you would like on your tray in terms of tea, coffee, sugar etc. We will do our best to fulfil your request. Small bottles of fresh milk are kept in the fridge in Reception.
- Breakfast will be served in the dining room at staggered times. Breakfast orders will be taken in advance so that food is ready for you when you arrive in the dining room. Food will be put on a central table to then be collected by yourselves.
- Check-in/Check-out will be done with social distancing in mind. Your card will be charged remotely and an invoice can be provided on request and sent electronically. Cash will only be accepted by prior arrangement
- Room keys will be left in door locks prior to arrival and we ask that you leave them in the same place on departure. There is a front door key on the keyring and, as we have a security front door that locks itself when you close it, you will always need to take the keys with you when you leave the building. You are welcome to use the garden door on the ground floor if you want to avoid contact with other guests. Turn the knob to the left to open it and then leave it open. We will lock it at the end of the day.
- We may make use of face coverings mandatory, if needed, during your stay if social distancing is a problem.
What we expect from you:
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms the government advice is that you do not travel
- We expect you to adhere to all social distancing measures when in public areas and respect the concerns of other guests and people in the wider community in Cornwall. Please make use of a face covering if appropriate.
- We ask you to use the alcohol gel provided in Reception when re-entering the building at any time
- If you or anyone in your party is showing any symptoms of the Coronavirus (repetitive cough, fever, unusual tiredness, sore throat, loss of taste/smell, difficulty in breathing) we would ask you or someone in your party to notify us immediately by contacting by the methods described above, remain isolated in your room to minimise any risk of transmission and await instructions.
- If you are confirmed to have COVID-19, you should return home if you reasonably can. If a guest cannot reasonably return home (for example because they are not well enough to travel or do not have the means to arrange transport), their circumstances should be discussed with an appropriate health care professional and, if necessary, the local authority. Guests should follow government guidance on dealing with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection. Should guests have to remain at our guest house they will be liable to pay for all affected bookings as a result of their extended stay (that includes other cancellations where other guests leave because of the presence of a COVID-19 sufferer on-site)
- If you do find that you have to leave earlier than expected, then you will not be entitled to a refund from us, as a deep clean of the guest house will be required. In fact, it is strongly advised that you obtain travel insurance in advance of your stay to cover any such contingencies.
- Any guests or visitors that we deem as not adhering to the new guidelines that all businesses and society have had to adopt to prevent the spread of the virus will be asked to leave the premises immediately
Thank you for your co-operation,
Lynda and Rob